Sunday, May 10, 2009

Welcome Home Elliot!=)



say hello to Elliot!=) the CAIRN TERRIER from the SPCA. after searching for soo long.managed to set my eyes on Elliot.=)

went to the SPCA on Saturday, the place was packed.public holiday crowd.haha.walked around to see the dogs available. set my eyes on Elliot.strange, no one stopped by his cage to look.i guess everyone else was fixed on a maltease and 2 shitzhus.haha.Elliot saw me, started to lick my fingers. He was really tame and gentle. i asked the person in charge what happened to him and they said he was a lost dog.poor thing. the minute i saw him, i fell in love with him. my dad said ok as well.and all we had to do was to bring my mum down the next day to finish up the adoption procedure.

Sunday( Today) came. i excitedly left church for SPCA. finished up the paperwork, and headed down to Pet Lovers Centre to give Elliot a haircut and nail trim!haha.he was pretty well behaved in the car, in the shopping centre and in the groomers as well. i had to carry him in VIVO with curious stares from all the shoppers. and my gosh.HE IS HEAVY. I would say he is about 7-10kg?haha.i carried him for about 5 minutes and my arms felt like it was about to break off from my shoulder socket!bought Elliot a new leash and harness!combs and one big bag of food!maintaining a dog seriously aint cheap man.spent about 200 in total in one day!

Elliot came home. as usual, sniffed all around. and not once did he make trouble.cept for the time he sneakily climbed up the stairs though we told him NO.haha. very very gentle and tame. he did not give us trouble SO FAR=).


Elliot the lazy dog.

had a simple home cooked dinner today, coz we celebrated Mother's day last saturday alr where the whole extended family could make it.GUESS WHAT MUM MADE!!







you guessed it!CRABS

=)


haha.kudos to mum's chilli crabs.made my mouth water non stop!and yes. i was the only one in the family to polish the crabs off!everyone else was too full.haha.

thick juicy meat,with slight spicyness and the "everymouth got egg" feeling ROCKS!

today was a good day!and i am very thankful for it!thankful for Elliot, for my parents in going through all the trouble to get me this dog and thankful for my mum and her superb culinary skills=)

No comments: