Monday, June 28, 2010

1 Goal accomplished!

Rockmaster 2010! probably the 1 boulder comp i will never forget!=)

This weekend started off w me attending the Ignite Conference concert at Bartley Christian Church. Dont know why, but felt an urge to attend the night concert with germaine and the youths from JG. the concert started with an opening magician act for entertainment. interesting how the magician uses "magic" to share the gospel. i guess in all that you do, you can always share the gospel, "the message is the same simple one, just the methods used"=) ( something which the pastor mentioned) During the worship, i clearly felt God's presence. It didnt come immediately when the songs started, it came halfway during a particular song which i didnt know. it was a new song, but something stirred within my heart, a very warm and peaceful feeling that i hadnt felt for a long time as i hadnt been attending church for the past 2 months i think? Stopped attending ever since my mum went into the hospital. weekends had to be spent visiting her; and the longer i stayed away from church, the harder it felt to come back. I dont know why, but i know i will go back soon.

Saturday:

Made up my mind to not wear my "qualifying pants" for this year's Rockmaster. You see, every year, for every comp, i have been wearing this particular pair of nike tights for every comp. Dont ask me why, but it so happens to be my favourite, probably coz this was my first pair of climbing pants i bought when i was in JC1=)haha.yes, you can count how old my pants is, i am 22 this year. and im still wearing it. NIKE rocks for its lasting material. I decided to enter the qualifiers and aim to get into finals not using my pants, but relying totally on God to give me strength. And yes, it was indeed rewarding when i chose to rely on God and not on some stupid pants or myself totally to get thru the comp. managed a 4th placing for my qualifying. i remember doing route 3, falling off at the 2nd last tile on my first attempt. there was only 1 min left. i decided to give it another go. AND IT WAS WORTH IT=) i was shocked, i managed a heel hook on my lousy madrock heels to get the ending tile.haha.but almost peeled off alr, coz the heel too soft.

oh yea, was a little disappointed with the time management for Rockmaster. we were told to come down to register at 10am and have our event started at 12. but when we arrived. the Under 16 catagory was just starting. guess what, our registration got pushed back to 3plus. and we only got to climb at ard 6pm.gosh.i could have worked from 10-12pm at CA.( had to rush to find a replacement coz i was afraid i wouldnt make it for my event).grrr.nvm.big lesson learnt here. hopefully for the organisers of Rockmaster as well=)i guess, every comp we learn how to deal with different issues. i still rmb, Boulderactive, we had the issue of being too loud and cheer-ry at Orchard Central. management wasnt too happy abt it. nxt time, find a venue that appreciates our event and cheers and crowd- drawing ability.ha.


thats me tryin to get a dyno.looks like i got it right=)

and the 2nd pic is my end on route 3=)so glad i made a 2nd attempt, was rewarded with an end=)


SUnday:
Finals: got to marina barrage early in the morning on Sunday at 9am to test the final routes out. got there late, only to see most of the guys and girls tryin the routes out alr. immediately hopped onto the 2nd route. regretted not warming up properly coz i immediately felt tired after holding the first few tiles.haha. it was a good work out though. didnt get to finish any routes during the try outs. was beginning to worry alr coz everyone was doing so well as they were trying the routes. when it was over, jud,haroz and liting went to my hse to have lunch and rest before gg back to watch the other events. we all took a siesta. too tired alr.

went back ard 2plus to watch inter men and women finals. and then it was my event. Open Women Finals.  had another 4 min of observation and started off. Said another quick prayer to God asking for strength and for Him to help me out during the comp.

1st route: during the trials, i couldnt even get to the mono tile, i wanted to give up on this route coz i tried it a million times earlier. when i went up, i managed to get to the mono with ease, happy, i moved on, only to fall at the big pinch. i decided that was it. enough.rest. i wanted to prepare myself for the 2nd route which i felt i needed more strength for that.

2nd route: during the trials, i couldnt move on from the round sloper to the purple side pull. that was my fear for this route. but again, when i started off, i got to the sloper again, my fears came back.but i told myself to give it my best jump. and i got it!=) a lil surprised, i told myself to move on. and yes, fell at the 3rd last tile. but i was happy coz i went past my supposed "crux".

3rd route: again, during the trials, i couldnt get past the big orange fin. told myself to give it all. since it was my last route alr. and i started climbing. reached the tile below the orange fin, decided to give it one good try and pulled myself up. and yes!i felt the good part of the fin.haha.during the trials i didnt even get to touch it, so i didnt know how good it was. almost to the end alr. didnt think of heel hooking to end. so i tried to throw for the ledge.bad move. ( i later found out i had to hook to end, it helped alot. looks like i gota work on my heel hooking!)

at the end, i managed to get 3rd!i was pleased with the fact that i went further during the comp then the try-out in the morning. i was glad i didnt give up or let my fears get the better of me. Never expected to get top 3 for an open women's catagory before, although it was one of my goals written for 2010( it was just an aim for myself to train harder), but i didnt expect it to be so fast!of course i am happy, very grateful to all who came and supported me and marisa for videoing me and the other photographers!=)you are deeply appreciated! nice end for the boulder season.

No comments: